Supportive Community
First topic message reminder 1208087586-950
The boards on this forum will only become visible once you are registered.

Please feel free to use our 'open boards' to post something as a guest or register to visit the other boards. Registration is free and easy.

Also, the forum will become advertisement free as soon as you are a member.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Supportive Community
First topic message reminder 1208087586-950
The boards on this forum will only become visible once you are registered.

Please feel free to use our 'open boards' to post something as a guest or register to visit the other boards. Registration is free and easy.

Also, the forum will become advertisement free as soon as you are a member.
Supportive Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First topic message reminder

3 posters

Go down

First topic message reminder Empty First topic message reminder

Post  Wisdom Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Shadow

<BLOCKQUOTE>
First topic message reminder

I'm finding that this and my first posting gets forwarded to the beginning of each page in this journal.

I don't like reading my first posting all the time unless I reference it myself. It's uncomfortable and triggering First topic message reminder 789389

Is this happening to others? I hope it is fixable

Originally I posted the above to my journal. Sky felt it would be best answered in the tech section. What are your thoughts.................. is there something I can do to get rid of seeing it? Thanks

Wiz First topic message reminder 988911 </BLOCKQUOTE>

Last edited by shadow on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : modified the post heading to make clear to others who use 'search' what the post is about)
Wisdom
Wisdom

Back to top Go down

First topic message reminder Empty Re: First topic message reminder

Post  Guest Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:20 pm

It is a feature that is showing up all over the forum and cannot be de-activated in certain boards. It is there so members do not forget who the original post started and what it was about - like a reminder. It will pop up each time a new page startes and show up on top of the page.
I am sorry you feel triggered by it wisdom. It does sound though it is the 'change' that is triggering rather than the feauture itself. In any event, give it some time, Im sure it will grow on you.
First topic message reminder 603704
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wisdom Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sorry you feel triggered by it wisdom. It does sound though it is the 'change' that is triggering rather than the future itself. In any event, give it some time, Im sure it will grow on you. First topic message reminder 603704

I don't feel triggered by the feature............. I am not triggered by the change.

It is not helpful for me to read about e.g. breast cancer, my suicidality, or otherwise. Examp. If I had written about rape would it be necessary for me
In any event, give it some time?
Cancer, suicide and otherwise sensitive topics....... Having made a posting of a sensitive nature I don't want to be forced to see it again. I already have enough trauma w/o my words coming back at me.

The contents of my posting is not going to grow on me............. That's crazy. I know that postings have been deleted for people............. pls delete the contents or delete my journal or save it to elsewhere. I'll start a new journal. I'll start my beginning page with my favorite quotes or words of wisdom along with a nice calming photo.

Thanks.......... I am not triggered (i hate that word) by what was done.. I am upset that i have to be forced to reread something that was difficult for me to write and keep rereading it
Wiz First topic message reminder 988911

</BLOCKQUOTE>
Wisdom
Wisdom

Back to top Go down

Post  tandem Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:04 am

Hello Wiz. I personally find this a very helpful feature.
However, I can see it may not work for everyone.

I have moved all of your first post into your second post, and thus hope it is not so difficult for you.

Of course, not all new benefits to the board individually benefit everyone, but I hope you like most of them, and I also hope that this solution makes this additional benefit acceptable to you.

tandem
tandem
tandem

Back to top Go down

Post  beautifulflower Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:20 pm

I don't like it either, just noticed it on my post. First topic message reminder 331857
beautifulflower
beautifulflower

http://www.noahsarkessences.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down