Supportive Community
The flower picture 1208087586-950
The boards on this forum will only become visible once you are registered.

Please feel free to use our 'open boards' to post something as a guest or register to visit the other boards. Registration is free and easy.

Also, the forum will become advertisement free as soon as you are a member.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Supportive Community
The flower picture 1208087586-950
The boards on this forum will only become visible once you are registered.

Please feel free to use our 'open boards' to post something as a guest or register to visit the other boards. Registration is free and easy.

Also, the forum will become advertisement free as soon as you are a member.
Supportive Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The flower picture

+4
Goldenraindrop
infinity
sky
GodsTear
8 posters

Go down

The flower picture Empty The flower picture

Post  GodsTear Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:40 pm

Hi,

Does anyone else have bad feelings about that picture here? When i joined there was a really soothing picture of something and that was one of the reasons I joined here. But now i guess you change the pictures. This one bothers me. My therapist tells me.. i forgot what he said But i tell him I don't like certain words and basically i guess i have to deal with it. The picture feels "crazy" to me. For me it isn't soothing.

GodsTear

Back to top Go down

The flower picture Empty Re: The flower picture

Post  sky Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:21 pm

Sorry you find it difficult Godstear - perhaps as you feel more at home here, the picture will feel less crazy for you - perhaps how you feel about it reflects how you are feeling right now? xx The flower picture 913397
sky
sky
 Administrator

https://mutualsupport.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GodsTear Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:05 pm

sky wrote:Sorry you find it difficult Godstear - perhaps as you feel more at home here, the picture will feel less crazy for you - perhaps how you feel about it reflects how you are feeling right now? xx The flower picture 913397

No, I dont usually feel "crazy." Ugh : ( Just certain pictures and words. And when i dont see them i don't feel that way. But each time i log on i see that flower then I don't want to come here. Isn't your reply Freudian thinking ? ugh. When does the next scene come on? Each time i saw the other flower i felt great, felt homey, felt soft, felt neat, etc.

GodsTear

Back to top Go down

Post  sky Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:40 pm

GodsTear wrote:
sky wrote:Sorry you find it difficult Godstear - perhaps as you feel more at home here, the picture will feel less crazy for you - perhaps how you feel about it reflects how you are feeling right now? xx The flower picture 913397

No, I dont usually feel "crazy." Ugh : ( Just certain pictures and words. And when i dont see them i don't feel that way. But each time i log on i see that flower then I don't want to come here. Isn't your reply Freudian thinking ? ugh. When does the next scene come on? Each time i saw the other flower i felt great, felt homey, felt soft, felt neat, etc.

We all feel differently about certain images - and i hear you don't like this one! It means something to you that doesn't feel good. I am glad you still come here though!

We and others liked it alot so we put it there! - as i say we all feel differently.

Sky xx The flower picture 913397
sky
sky
 Administrator

Back to top Go down

The flower picture Empty flower

Post  GodsTear Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:10 pm

Are you going to leave the flower there forever or change it periodically to a new one? Maybe its possibly to send me the other one and i could use it as a background?

GodsTear

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:00 pm

I am in charge of the forum design and maybe in the future we may change the picturue but not at the moment.
Perhaps you could use photobucket or google yourself a nice picture of your choice to use as a background.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  infinity Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:08 pm

I can understand what you mean, GodsTear. The sunflowers are a bit strange and fuzzy and disconnected. Not soothing...like you said. Although, they don't 'bother' me, I get what you're saying.

Emma The flower picture 275180 The flower picture 913397

infinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldenraindrop Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:34 pm

Now that I pay attention to it, it feels to me like the middle of the flowers are eyes who are staring at me.
A bit disturbing really.
Goldenraindrop
Goldenraindrop

Back to top Go down

Post  sky Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:42 pm

The power of the human mind!! xx The flower picture 913397
sky
sky
 Administrator

Back to top Go down

The flower picture Empty the flower picture

Post  GodsTear Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:40 am

animus wrote:I am in charge of the forum design and maybe in the future we may change the picturue but not at the moment.
Perhaps you could use photobucket or google yourself a nice picture of your choice to use as a background.

I wrote something before but didnt log in and lost. it. when i first came here and saw that beautiful picture of that big flower i just felt so very great.everything felt right and good. now it doesnt when i see those flowers. it sounds probably stupid for you. i like the teddy bear and the balloons. and writing my thoughts and maybe helping others with some words. if it was me and i had the power to change it i would. i notice some ppl here have morbid art work. the flowers look like that to me.

nothing is every truly good for long i guess. the initial good feelings was a facade or something. for a short time i felt good. this place is just for crazy ppl is how i feel now. before it felt like a healing place.

: (

GodsTear

Back to top Go down

The flower picture Empty the flower picture

Post  GodsTear Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:45 am

Goldenraindrop wrote:Now that I pay attention to it, it feels to me like the middle of the flowers are eyes who are staring at me.
A bit disturbing really.

i was about to leave and then i saw what others wrote. I like the supportive atmosphere here. thanks. sorry what i said about crazy ppl. it does feel like eyes staring, doesnt it? yeah, disturbing is the word. i dont feel happy when i see it whereas the other flower made me smile each time.

oh well.

GodsTear

Back to top Go down

Post  tandem Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:56 am

The new flowers.

I really like them. I liked the old ones, too, but given my current state of mind, these really cheered me up.

tandem
tandem
tandem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:59 am

coolio
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  sky Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:15 pm

I love the new picture too! Thank you Animus. xx The flower picture 913397
sky
sky
 Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Misty Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:35 pm

The flower picture 440952 I love the new flowers!!!... The flower picture 440952

I loved the first one we had when the forum opened... The flower picture 913397

The flower picture 231566 ..... but I hated the second ones!!!..... The flower picture 682221

... I just didn't want to add to the strange feelings for others by making a comment... so I didn't say anything... The flower picture 864719

.... But now that they are gone... I will say that the little bee looked to "ME"... like a camera watching my every move... like the ones in big stores do!!!... affraid lol!

Thank you Animus The flower picture 603704 for putting these pretty ones instead... The flower picture 638440

Misty

Back to top Go down

Post  infinity Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

I think the new picture is lovely. Thanks Animus. It gives me a happy, calm feeling....like a peaceful Spring day with no worries. The flower picture 440952

Emma

infinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Wisdom Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Nice daisies............ good pick

Sunflowers have a terrible meaning behind them.

Thank you

Wiz
Wisdom
Wisdom

Back to top Go down

The flower picture Empty The flower Picture

Post  GodsTear Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:11 pm

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I came by last night but had to leave quickly because the old picture was up. I felt sad and wrote to my therapist about the first flower and how great i felt when i saw it. I know this is a minor issue compared to everything else! But at least now this new picture has a warm feeling to it. Of course i still like the sunflower picture..i forgot what it was. Can someone send it to me if its possible?

Well, now I can come back because i liked coming here....and "my" bear and the balloon. The flower picture 321272

: )

GodsTear

Back to top Go down

Post  Iris Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:03 pm

Like the openness and the butterfly!
have liked all the pics we have had good choices!
The flower picture 913397
Iris
Iris

Back to top Go down

Post  Misty Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:58 am

GodsTear wrote:.... i still like the sunflower picture..
... Can someone send it to me if its possible?...

Well, now I can come back because i liked coming here....and "my" bear and the balloon. The flower picture 321272

The flower picture 913397 The flower picture 321272 The flower picture 913397

I adore sunflowers too, and I thought I had saved it on my computer, but I have thousands of pictures and can't find it yet... I must have put it in the wrong folder... The flower picture 59411
I found this one for now...

The flower picture Bluede10

The flower picture 781986 If you like it, just right click on it and then click on "save as"... and save it in your pictures folders... or make a new folder so you can organize them when you get more... I'm sure once you get started... you will be like me... collecting stuff all over the net... The flower picture 495699

I will still look for the other for you... but if you Google the word sunflower and click on images... or add the word images to sunflower, it will come up with more pictures than you will ever need...
Click on this link :

http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS305US305&q=sunflower&sa=N&start=60&ndsp=20

When you find something you like, click on the picture and it will take you to another page where you can either click to view the picture or go to the web site... Once there you can right click on the picture and save it to your computer..
Hope you find lots of them... The flower picture 440952

I can't pass up pictures and smileys... The flower picture 398334 The flower picture 229424 ... my folders are getting really big!... The flower picture 4773

The flower picture 731905 The flower picture 519822 The flower picture 731905

~ ~ ~ The flower picture 665401 Susan The flower picture 665401 ~ ~ ~

Misty

Back to top Go down

Post  infinity Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:05 pm

That's beautiful, Misty... the words, as well as the picture...

Emma The flower picture 598667

infinity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum